Thursday, April 4, 2013

Augmented Reality.....Quit Smoking?

I stumbled across this article from Marketingweek.com in the U.K, it's a couple weeks old but worth a glance. Apparently the British Heart Foundation has planted AR tags in cigarette packaging. Using the app Blippar on Android or iOS users can scan a pack of cigarettes and see the items they could purchase with the money saved from quitting smoking. The campaign slogan is "Swag fags for swag."
Don't take offense the term fag in the U.K. means cigarette. Not like the derogatory meaning here in the states.

3 comments:

  1. Id have at the least 20 extra bucks in my pocket a week, that could pay for my muse subscription!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Electric cigarettes, over 130 days with out a cigarette now and I spend 50% less than I did on cigarettes. No carcinogens, no smell and no cravings for tobacco cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still see Brits using that term as a derogatory remark regardless.

    And wow, that is a really strange way to encourage people to stop smoking. It's like pitting basic psychology against an addiction.

    ReplyDelete